Follow the simple steps to receive up to an $800 discount when you buy a new e-bike
***Update 8/9/2021: No New Applications are being accepted at this time
What’s better than riding around San Mateo on an electric bike? Riding around on your brand new electric bike that costs $800 less than the manufacturer’s suggested retail price from an instant discount!
Sounds too good to be true? It’s 100% legitimate and backed by Peninsula Clean Energy’s new e-Bikes for Everyone program, which provides an instant discount to San Mateo County residents with qualifying income.
Not a resident of San Mateo or maybe you do not meet the requirements? There are other programs available to apply to for free money for an electric bicycle:
- Clean Cars for All: $5,500 to $9,500 (depending on income). Must retire a vehicle 15 years old or older to qualify. Limited to certain Bay Area zip codes.
- Driving Clean Assistance Program: $4,500 to $5,000 (depending on income and vehicle type). Grant and optional financing assistance program. Open to the Bay Area only.
- CA Clean Vehicle Assistance Program: $4,500 to $5,000 (depending on income and vehicle type). Statewide grant and optional financing assistance program.
For residents of San Mateo County with qualifying income, you can qualify for an instant discount of up to 80% off (up to $800) to purchase a qualifying e-bike.
How to Check if You Qualify for an Instant Discount and the Available E-Bikes that Qualify
Step 1 – Apply here and see if you qualify for the instant discount. You will be notified within 5-7 days if you are approved and will receive a promo code.
Step 2 – If you are eligible, you will receive a unique promo code that you can use on Ridepanda to get the instant discount applied at the time of purchase.
Step 3 – When you are ready to buy the e-bike, go to this page to browse through the E-bikes that qualify for this program.
Terms and Conditions for the Instant Discount
E-bikes must meet the criteria below to qualify for a discount
- A qualifying E-bike covered by this Program must be a bicycle equipped with fully operable pedals and an electric motor of less than or equal to 750 watts, as defined in Section 312.5 of the California Vehicle Code. All classes (Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3) are eligible.
- E-bike must be new.
- E-bike conversion kits, scooters, and mopeds are not eligible. Accessories, bike locks, helmets, etc. are not eligible.
- The purchase price (excluding sales tax) of the E-bike must be less than $1,800, before the E-bike Rebate is applied.
- Assembly fees, if available, can be included in the total purchase price of the E-bike.
- You can use financing options on Ridepanda after your rebate deduction to get additional support. Ridepanda partners with Klarna, Afterpay, Splitit for financing options.
If you have any questions, please contact us over live chat or over the phone at 1-800-549-0341